Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey and Lights

Yay!! Turkey day is over. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm glad that everyone can relax for a few days until the Christmas rush. We had my mom's entire family over for Thanksgiving. My grandma and granddaddy, great aunts and uncles, aunts and uncles, and cousins were there for the feast; including ourselves, we had 16 people total. The food was fantastic.

We had fried and smoked turkey with the usual Thanksgiving dishes, but we had a few specialties. My grandma made her special macaroni which I love, but she won't tell anyone the recipe. My Great Aunt Anne made her corn pudding which everyone except me raves over. We also had several pies and cakes. In any case, I ate too much, and I anticipate gaining a few pounds before January 1st.



Day after Thanksgiving was fun too. It was Black Friday, so my mom joined the thousands of other middle aged women in fighting for deals. My dad and I stayed at the house where it was safe and decided to put up Christmas decorations instead. I like the finished product, but the actual putting up of the decorations is rather nerve racking since half of our lights are almost as old as I am and are iffy at best. We got everything put up though. My dad wants a second Christmas tree to put in the top window on the second story. I think it'll complete the house because the second story is dark, so we've decided to pick one up tomorrow. Yay!! Christmas is almost here!!!

No comments: