Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Group "Therapy"

No, I'm not psychotic yet. I'm just not pleased with just how dysfunctional most groups are. You get excited about something that a group is promoting, and from the outside, it looks like the group is actually getting things accomplished. Then you join said group, and instead of finding a nice, clean, streamlined organization, you find a jumbled up catastrophe that is bloated with bureaucratic nonsense and drama.

Now, is it your responsibility to reform said organization? I say yes if you believe in what that organization supposedly stands for. Now how you go about bringing a reformation is completely up to the individual. Some will take the approach of saying its my way or the highway and completely take over as a conqueror would to a small nation. (tears for poor little Poland) I however do not believe that such a forceful approach is the best way. I guess some would call me sneaky and underhanded, but I think that you should change an organization from the inside by winning over the individual members one by one. Some people would have a problem with this since most of the strategic moves take place outside of the organization, but who cares. If it gets the job done and it's not immoral I say go for it.

Well enough ranting. I think it's time to do a little Spring cleaning. I'm getting my broom ready and I'm sweeping the drama and the nonsense right out the door. Bye bye.

No comments: